State of telework COVID worldwide 2022

They surveyed some remote employees to learn about their experiences in working remotely. Eliminating or reducing commuter travel is the easiest and most effective way for a company or individual to reduce their carbon footprint. These estimates assume a 75% reduction in driving on telework days. More remote work means fewer workplace expenses like internet, hardware, or electricity bills . 99% of surveyed respondents expressed a desire for remote work to be at least a part of their careers for the rest of their lives.

shift to remote

Additionally, 61remote work statistics 2021 would leave their job if they had the option to accept a fully remote opportunity, Zapier noted. However, it has also revealed that only 23% of companies require their workforce to undergo cybersecurity training more than twice per year. According to Check Point Research, only 9% of companies use all the 5 must-have protection steps against internet-based attacks.


Since remote work statistics were last measured in 2009, the number of people working remotely has increased by 159%. Some of the reasons for this are the increase in remote work technology and improved access to the internet and hardware required. As data from a 2021 McKinsey report of 5,770 employees surveyed disclosed, 40% of respondents who quit their jobs in the last 6 months left without having a new job. About 90% of companies offer security training for their remote employees, the OpenVPN survey has found.

This is called “presenteeism.” While it sounds like it’s good for the company, it’s actually the opposite. Companies in the U.S. waste more than $226 billion each year since employees who work while sick are far from productive. Working remotely does eliminate some sources of stress, such as commuting and a rigid/hectic work schedule. However, there is still the issue of meeting deadlines, being fully productive, and getting promoted–similar issues to working from the office. Furthermore, when working remotely, no one can tell you when to punch out or go home, so the risk of burnout increases.

For Businesses

However Bloomberg argues that the overall environmental impact of remote work is less straightforward. Remote work can be a greener option, however it often requires smart and conscious choices on the part of individual employees, or carbon neutral incentives on the part of employers. A survey conducted by background company GoodHire found that 85% of US workers prefer job listings with remote work options, leaving only 15% preferring full-time in-office work.

What is the market size for remote work?

The Global Remote Workplace Services Market size is expected to reach $67 billion by 2028, rising at a market growth of 22.3% CAGR during the forecast period.

This means that of the total workforce of 23.36 million, only 233,600 employees had any WFH arrangement. Italy is only followed by Romania and Bulgaria (both 0.6%) when adopting remote work nationally. Still, these two represent emerging markets, and it’s argued they have room to grow. In a survey by Owl Labs , 67% of respondents mentioned working from their home office, 49% from their dining room, 49% from their couch, 42% from their bedroom, and 15% from their closet.

The number of remote workers since 2009 has increased by 159%.

These jobs are desk-orientated by their nature, which means they can easily be completed at home. Also, according to these work from home statistics, the employees earning higher wages can afford the hardware that is required to work remotely. Telecommuting stats reveal that one major challenge of working remotely is poor internet connectivity. When it comes to video calls, a poor internet connection can be especially frustrating. This problem is prevalent in developing countries, but remote workers in the US have also been affected.


Book your Consultation